Level 0 - Intro to VPRAD
about level 0
Whether you are an employee who was hired in the last six months or someone who recently assumed a new role in the research enterprise, we know it can be difficult to figure things out how things work here in Vanderbilt. Whether you are in a lab, clinical area, departmental office or central office, you’ve probably received guidance how to perform your job in an efficient and effective manner from your supervisors and colleagues. INTRO to VPRAD attempts to fill in the gaps between your own knowledge and experience and the guidance you’re receiving in your work area.
Intro to VPRAD is a four-hour training workshop that will acclimate you to the Vanderbilt Research Enterprise (VRE) and help you understand why we do what we do and it will help you better understand the resources available to help you. Newly hired staff members in labs, clinics, offices, and other settings, those who have recently transferred into research-related positions, and those taking on additional responsibilities that include research administration can benefit from attending this workshop.
You’ll leave here with a broad overview of Vanderbilt’s research enterprise and how your role fits into it.
INTRO to VPRAD is offered at no cost to participants or their departments; however, we do not validate parking.
level 0 contents
The workshop will focus on:
- Overview of the Vanderbilt Research Enterprise (VRE)
- The Role of the Research Administrator in the VRE
- Lifecycle of a Sponsored Project
- Review of Support and Compliance Areas in the VRE
- Research Administrators and the Responsible Conduct of Research
level 0 Resources
- Acronym List
- Offices that Support Research & Research Compliance
- Systems in the Research Enterprise
- Resources for Additional Education & Training